Group Leaders Meeting Minutes June 5, 2018
Attendees: Hollis Brown, Brendan Ryan, Mike Price, Mark Goodman, Gerald Simmons, Don Lovering, Jules Falcone.
Guests: Lisa Alajajian, Bronson Anderson, Rod Beacham, Scott Patterson, Mark Londner
- Quorum Call- Acheived
- Approve Minutes of May Meeting - Approved
- Review of Agenda: Select 1st Thursday for meeting? 7 Central? 1.5 hours?
- Report from HQ
- Canada- No decisions being made at this point.
- Dues- Done deal.
- HR- Michele Cohen is the director of TAS.
- GLs to get Board Book- Would like motions and staff reports.
- Group Realignment- Southern realignment passed. Canada and NE separation is on hold.
- Ancillary Standards- Change the name or procedure to include digital badging?
- Remove Council Roster from Reporter- See what Mr. Thomas does with this.
- Committee Report
- Nom Coms
- Director Candidates- There has been no participation.
- Budget- Still in discussion at HQ including LDC extra day funding.
- LDC-Lunch meeting for the CoR..”So you are on the CoR, now what?” First we should do a poll to determine interest in attending. Get speakers and discussion points. Jules to send CoR information.
- Communications- Talking points were used at some chapter meetings and created discussion. Include the Chapter president along with the CoR rep in distribution of the talking points.
- Matters- ASHI needs to develop a better perceived tangible value of what we have to offer…and market better. Try to have staff post a youtube video a day that have been submitted by members.
- Roster Maintenance-
- Ancillary Standards
- Online Education
- CoR representation on the FinCom- Table
- Unfinished Business
- Ask-for-the-Badge- Good idea but is being kicked down he road. Needs to be acted on.
- Non-profit Association Training- Find a video to show at LDC. Don & Brendan